groovy-users mailing list archives

From Merlin Beedell <MBeed...@cryoserver.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Groovy 2.6 potential retirement to focus on Groovy 3.0
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2018 15:34:53 GMT
I see a monthly release of the 2.5x product – but nothing similar for version 3.  What might
be happening in the V3 world?  Given the license terms change under JDK 11, will the main
target be OpenJDK?

Merlin Beedell
From: Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au>
Sent: 23 June 2018 2:53 AM
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Groovy 2.6 potential retirement to focus on Groovy 3.0

There was overwhelming support to drop 2.6 to focus on 3.0 and mixed feedback
on whether to do one more 2.6 alpha release or not. So, I'll go ahead and do one more
2.6 alpha release - quite possibly much less work than further discussions and it gives
us a clean end point which I am highly in favour of to reduce subsequent discussions
about what exactly was in the last alpha release.

We aren't planning to delete the branch - so it's still around if we need some
further emergency regression fixes down the track, but we aren't planning to do
any merges, so it will start to go out of sync with other branches. So even if you
have an "emergency fix" for that branch, we'd encourage you to have a discussion
on the mailing list before creating PRs against that branch.

Cheers, Paul.

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 8:55 AM Robert Stagner <restagner@gmail.com<mailto:restagner@gmail.com>>