groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Erick" <Erick.Nel...@hdsupply.com>
Subject New warning messages for 2.5 and Java7
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2018 14:17:01 GMT
On a server we still have Java7 installed, I’m getting these warning messages. They look
like JUL logging but I’m not sure. I have the jul-to-slf4j bridge installed but these messages
don’t seem to be rerouted so I’m not sure what the source is at the moment.  I don’t
mind the warnings, as long as I can capture and properly log them.

-bash-4.1$ /opt/apps/tools/groovy/bin/groovy -v
Jun 04, 2018 7:03:01 AM org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.MetaInfExtensionModule newModule
WARNING: Module [groovy-datetime] - Unable to load extension class [org.apache.groovy.datetime.extensions.DateTimeExtensions]
Jun 04, 2018 7:03:01 AM org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.m12n.MetaInfExtensionModule newModule
WARNING: Module [groovy-datetime] - Unable to load extension class [org.apache.groovy.datetime.extensions.DateTimeStaticExtensions]
Groovy Version: 2.5.0 JVM: 1.7.0_161 Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS: Linux

The bridge that I am using is…

            <dependency>

                        <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>

                        <artifactId>jul-to-slf4j</artifactId>

                        <version>1.7.9</version>

            </dependency>

And I’m invoking it in my startup with…
    static void createJulBridge (BaseScript script) {
        try {
            java.util.logging.LogManager.getLogManager().reset()
            SLF4JBridgeHandler.removeHandlersForRootLogger()
            SLF4JBridgeHandler.install()
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            script._warn << "jul->slf4j bridge install error [${e.message}]"
        }
    }

I think my problem might be that those messages are coming up before I can hookup the bridge.

Any insight on this you can give me?

In the meantime I am trying to get our admins to upgrade to at least Java8… but that might
take some time.

Erick Nelson
Senior Developer – IT
HD Supply Facilities Maintenance