groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Groovy 2.6 potential retirement to focus on Groovy 3.0
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2018 01:53:22 GMT
There was overwhelming support to drop 2.6 to focus on 3.0 and mixed
feedback
on whether to do one more 2.6 alpha release or not. So, I'll go ahead and
do one more
2.6 alpha release - quite possibly much less work than further discussions
and it gives
us a clean end point which I am highly in favour of to reduce subsequent
discussions
about what exactly was in the last alpha release.

We aren't planning to delete the branch - so it's still around if we need
some
further emergency regression fixes down the track, but we aren't planning
to do
any merges, so it will start to go out of sync with other branches. So even
if you
have an "emergency fix" for that branch, we'd encourage you to have a
discussion
on the mailing list before creating PRs against that branch.

Cheers, Paul.