groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: Fund Groovy Development - Jira Task
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2018 15:53:00 GMT
Hi Daniel,

thank you. I have thought (and discussed with my wife) at length about
getting seriously involved in the devlopment of the Groovy language, but
due to a multitude of reasons I cannot make that commitment at this
point in time.
So I was thinking maybe more people feel the same way, and would instead
like to give money to further "The language that is Groovy" ( (C) ;-) ).

We'll have to see how this goes, I have just posted the funding message
to the Groovy Slack
(https://groovy-community.slack.com/messages/C2NEFCM55/).

I guess 1000+ Groovers pledging e.g 5 to 10 EUR/$ per month would also
go a long way to helping Groovy grow, but here I feel at least the
Paypal address o.s. where the money shall flow should come from the
"Lifetime Achievement Groovy Award" holders who are most active on the
mailing list etc (Paul, Jochen, etc), and the funding Paypal link should
go on the main Groovy web page. The important thing here would be to get
people to commit to regular funding...

Cheers,
mg