groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 00:55:05 GMT
On 15.02.2018 06:04, MG wrote:
> One other thing from the no-brainers section that Kotlin does better
> than Groovy: Ctors can be called without the new keyword.
> (Groovy's offer in this regard is alas severly lacking, hence nobody
> uses it...)

I know this from Scala, how is the usage of this in Kotlin? Just to not
to have to write "new" is not enough of an advantage for me to implement
this and get all the negative side effects. There must be more to the
usage than just that. And I assume there is in Kotlin, which I do not
know about

bye Jochen