groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:10:51 GMT
I agree. The point I was trying to make is however, that the "I can
honestly say if someone had shown me the Programming in Scala book..."
quote is the one I find on Google, and I found it quoted by people in
typical "Java vs Groovy vs ..." threads.
Having the creator of a language say that another language is better,
looks like the ultimate knockout in such threads, and if no one is ther
to counter (the way you just did), you might just have lost a potential
new Groovy user.
The myth about Groovy being "slow" I wrote about in the past is also
still on the net. The lesson is: Bad messages spread easily and die
hard, most people do not take the time to check if e.g. the creator of
Groovy has later changed his opinion on Scala, or if Groovy is actually
still slow.
(The message, that the Groovy project has honored one of the people
behind Kotlin would evidently imho be such a message. )

Cheers,
mg