groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ken Lam <ken....@mobigator.com>
Subject Re: Need to get help: Building Groovy 1.7.5 from source gives encoding error for ReadLineTest.groovy
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 11:33:53 GMT
Dear Groovy developers,

After experimenting with many JDK versions, I found that JDK 6 Update 13
and 21 to be able to build the jar with the least difference from the
official groovy-all-1.7.5.jar distributed in grails 1.3.5.

But I still want to know whether the difference in the binary .class
files will have impact to my system.

Attached are the samples and summary of "how different" the jar built by
me is from the official groovy-all-1.7.5.jar

JDK 6 Update 13: 190 binary files different from official version

JDK 6 Update 21: 198 binary files different from official version

Apart from the "__timeStamp__239_neverHappen" timestamp in the .class
files, there are still some other differences, and I want to know why
they are here.

I understand this is a lot to ask, but I have no choice because I don't
know how to analyze the bytecode differences and their meanings. So I
have attached some samples and I hope if you can teach me some basic
knowledge and some references to look at, I will be able to handle it
myself in the future.

Regards,

Ken Lam
System Analyst