groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:17:17 GMT
On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 5:55 PM, Søren Berg Glasius <soeren@glasius.dk>
wrote:

> @Mario
>
> Very good thoughts, I really like the idea that an award is permanent, I
> believe that goes for Java Champs as well.
>
> Naming wise, Groovyssimo is fun, but not naming material for an award :-)
> But we need to narrow down the name-space to something realistic that can
> be voted on.

Agreed on the good thoughts comment. Well, I guess you are going to rule
out my spin on Nobel with the No-semis award idea too! :-)

No-semis jokes aside, we have been given feedback from within Apache that
we have to make sure that we cover off whatever we do in terms of Apache
branding, making sure that the trademark Apache Groovy is honored and that
such a scheme could never head down a path that would be in conflict with
the ASF directions. Also, as Cédric mentions we need to make a case why
existing schemes like "committer status" or "PMC status" might not apply. I
agree with Guillaume that the idea of the award has always been for the
entire ecosystem and the existing mechanisms for recognizing contributions
to the Apacge Groovy project don't really apply well in the broader
community context. Much like the ASF itself has different kinds of awards,
e.g. member of the ASF vs committer/PMC for a particular project, I think a
different award is needed here.

Cheers, Paul.