groovy-users mailing list archives

From Mario Garcia <mario.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:50:40 GMT
+1 to what Guillaume said :) Common guys! Lets focus on what we think is a
great language and let others think what they want!

Regarding the duration of the award. I've though about it, trying not to
think in terms of annually or permanent, but trying to see what's out there
outside the CS world, and I ended up thinking on the Nobel prize. I'd like
some ideas of Nobel prize:

   - Takes place every year
   - A given prize could be vacant a given year.
   - It's so important that it's really noticeable to be awarded
   - Makes people very proud of some achievement they did a given year
   - Once you're a Nobel you will always be a Nobel.
   - Of  course there's been awarded people that even rejected the prize
   but that never really underrated the prize overtime
   - New members are chosen by previous members and some other relevant
   people (members of the parliament among others). Here I'd add the idea
   of letting anybody to propose a nominee, but leaving the final decision to
   the prize committee (whatever we decide who is in)

Despite the difference of content between the Nobel prize and the Groovy
awards, after reviewing these points I think they seem to fit better in the
Groovy Champions/Stars idea. There is also something I haven't heard yet. I
guess this will require a kind of permanent organization, e.g. to contact
members, nominees, organize the awards, a web to show the winners...etc

BTW: Here you have another naming for the awards: Groovisimo Awards. Can
you imaging a "Groovisimo" statue like the Oscars ? It would be a blast
XDDDD

My two cents
Mario