groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ken Lam <ken....@mobigator.com>
Subject Re: Need to get help: Building Groovy 1.7.5 from source gives encoding error for ReadLineTest.groovy
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 03:12:41 GMT
Dear Jochen,

Also, after compiling the groovy-all-1.7.5.jar, I extracted the jar, and
extracted the official jar distributed in grails 1.3.5, and compare
between the two extracted folders.

Out of 3371 files, 256 files (254 binary files + 2 text files) are
different, and the rest are identical.

For the 2 different text files, I have checked and they should be ok.

For the 254 binary files, however, I am not sure whether this is normal.

Of course, I haven't modified any source codes at all. At least not yet.

My question is:

Is it expected or required, to have exact binary .class files compiled
when we try to rebuild groovy? My compiled jar does have nearly 3000
binary class files being identical to the those in the official jar,
only 254 binary files are different.

Regards,

Ken Lam
System Analyst