groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Need to get help: Building Groovy 1.7.5 from source gives encoding error for ReadLineTest.groovy
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 20:11:47 GMT
On 07.02.2018 07:12, Ken Lam wrote:
> Dear Jochen,
>
> Then why do I have to set
>
> encoding="utf-8"
>
> in groovyc commands in the build.xml to force it to UTF-8,

If no encoding is set, the system encoding is used and that could be for
example GB2312 or Big5 or even only ASCII

> while the official source distribution can omit this and the Groovy
> developers can still compile the source of Groovy 1.7.5 correctly?

because we work on linux and mac systems. I am using UTF8 as system
default for over 10 years now.

> Which settings in the system am I missing?

On Windows? sorry, cannot help here really. Windows is not know to be
friendly to such changes at all.

bye Jochen