groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Need to get help: Building Groovy 1.7.5 from source gives encoding error for ReadLineTest.groovy
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 12:19:30 GMT

Am 06.02.2018 um 12:27 schrieb Ken Lam:
> Dear all,
>
> This is the first time for me to use a mailing list, so sorry for
> sending my question to this address users@groovy.apache.org because I am
> not sure how to ask question here (the FAQ doesn't mention whether
> sending email to users@groovy.apache.org would have my question reached
> to anybody)

It is the mailing for users of Groovy. I think you are perfectly right here.

> Anyway, my question is about building Groovy 1.7.5 from source giving
> encoding error for ReadLineTest.groovy, and it is documented in
> Stackoverflow:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48641468/building-groovy-1-7-5-from-source-gives-encoding-error-for-readlinetest-groovy

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you set the encoding for a text file
to UTF8 without using the BOM? Problem of text files is, that they do
not contain the encoding information. So if all files are expected to be
UTF8 and you are on a non-UTF8 system, then there might be problems.

The expected encoding is UTF8 in all cases.

bye Jochen