groovy-users mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Groovy Champions proposal feedback
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:48:56 GMT
On Mon, 2018-02-26 at 09:00 +0100, C├ędric Champeau wrote:
> It feels like everybody agrees this is a good idea, but somethings hasn't
> been discussed so far: the Foundation already has 2 ways of recognizing
> members of the community:
>
> 1. by making them "committers"
> 2. by making them members of the PMC
>
> If Groovy Champions is going to be different, we need a good explanation
> why it doesn't fit in those 2 categories. Especially to give to the Board.
> I have my ideas why, but I'd like to hear what others say.

1. Because committer in an Apache project is an outdated concept that Apache
hasn't discovered how to update, nor even how to come to terms with in the
post CVCS era?

 2 Because the PMC should remain a management committee, not a place for
recognising contribution.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200