groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: Interest in a @UtilityClass AST transform
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 01:58:52 GMT
I feel that this would register only on the ok-to-have level for me, for
the simple reason, that

 1. You do not typically have a lot of utility-classes (or
    function-classes) in a project
 2. Afaiks all you save is the static keyword before every method,
    because if you incorrectly instantiate the class, you basically get
    an Object, and no harm is done

I would much rather see features such as final variables without an
explicit type not being of type Object but of the type assigned to them
- or proper named parameters (though I understand that this is alas a
much bigger feature to implement), to get Groovy up to speed in this regard.

Cheers,
mg