groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Loading groovy as a Jigsaw auto-module
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 11:54:46 GMT
Normally you specify what a provided service in module is. Thus the java
compiler has no reason to look at random files in this directory. In
fact the module info makes it very specific what to look for. That is
why I doubt javac will have a problem, unless specified as not valid.
And I have no indicator of the later.

As I said, the plugin afaik tries to create a module configuration for
groovy. Tthat includes the services it provides or expects. Since this
is automatic, the plugin has to do quite the opposite of javac and every
file in there is potentially defining a service. And from that
perspective it is quite understandable, that anything that is in those
directories is supposed to be a service of some kind and thus should be
exposed. The failure is just in acknowledging, that people do strange
things from your individual pov. For others that strange thing might be
the norm.

But as I said. We have to test if a module X depending on the groovy
module can provide extension methods to groovy using the old mechanism
or not. I suspect it cannot. I suspect a service provider structure will
be required. And then we have to clean up META-INF/services as well.