groovy-users mailing list archives

From Merlin Beedell <MBeed...@cryoserver.com>
Subject RE: Scriptom
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 09:17:59 GMT
I think that MS are trying to move away from the COM / DCOM model - and I found it quite difficult
to locate the documentation on the basic VBA type model objects properties and methods for
Outlook (as used by Scriptom). The MSDN kept directing me to other APIs, like this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-overview?product=excel
This was the sort of thing that I was doing:

org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.Scriptom.inApartment {

    def OutApp = new org.codehaus.groovy.scriptom.ActiveXObject("Outlook.Application")

    def myNameSpace = OutApp.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
    //println myNameSpace.Folders.Count

    def OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

    OutMail.to = "me@blaa.com"
    OutMail.CC = ""
    OutMail.BCC = ""
    OutMail.Subject = "This is the Subject line"
    OutMail.Body = "Hi there"
    OutMail.Send()
    OutMail = null
    OutApp = null