groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Gradle, Kotlin and Inner Fear
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 08:31:35 GMT
Our of curiosity, I did a quick run through the Github dataset that is
available through Google's BigQuery <https://bigquery.cloud.google.com>
analytics tool.

There are certainly different ways to count gradle builds, as not all are
necessarily named build.gradle, etc, but it should give a good enough
estimate of proportions.
Perhaps there are better queries for double checking this. Perhaps
developers also use a different file name than gradle.kts?
Anyway, I ran this query to know how many build.gradle and build.gradle.kts
build files there are on open source github repositories.
Here's what I got.

There are 414,329 build.gradle files (in Groovy).

​

There are 207 build.gradle.kts files (in Kotlin).

So that's basically one Kotlin build for 2000 Groovy builds.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/