groovy-users mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: About Gradle, Kotlin and Inner Fear
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 01:13:37 GMT
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:35 AM, Russel Winder <russel@winder.org.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 16:58 +0900, Thibault Kruse wrote:
>> So, roughly 18 months later, it seems that projects are not exactly
>> flocking on hordes to kotlinscript-based gradle builds:
>> allinurl: build.gradle  -kotlin-dsl -JetBrains-kotlin site:github.com
>> 37,300
>> allinurl: build.gradle.kts -kotlin-dsl -JetBrains-kotlin
>> site:github.com  175
>
> So what's the problem?

Not sure if there is one, but a higher number would have indicated the
absence of a problem to me.
Since the number is not high, there might be one, or not.

Of course there is inertia, and I have nothing to compare the numbers
to to see if the inertia is normal or not normal.
Maybe kotlinscript is hugely successful on github because the baseline
expectation should be for there to still be zero projects on github
using kotlinscript.

So I was curious what other people think of those numbers. To me they
look low given the amount of blogposts about how great kotlin itself
is (if assuming such kotlin-hyping bloggers would naturally publish
their projects on github, too).