groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Erick" <Erick.Nel...@hdsupply.com>
Subject Re: What's the status of the Gpars library ?
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2017 16:06:55 GMT
I¡¯m curious, how is gpars better than Java  concurrency. I do most of my  development with
Greclipse, which doesn¡¯t come with G pars so ive never really tried it. Is there some link
out there that I can check out that compares both?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 15, 2017, at 5:02 AM, David Dawson <david.dawson@simplicityitself.com<mailto:david.dawson@simplicityitself.com>>
wrote:

Sounds like you have a volunteer Russel ;-)

  Original Message
From: mszpak@wp.pl<mailto:mszpak@wp.pl>
Sent: 14 October 2017 20:15
To: users@groovy.apache.org<mailto:users@groovy.apache.org>
Reply to: users@groovy.apache.org<mailto:users@groovy.apache.org>
Subject: Re: What's the status of the Gpars library ?

On 2017-10-14 13:31, David Dawson wrote:
Hi,

I recently went through the process of artifact deploy/ promotion to maven
central using a self hosted OSS artifactory and bintray.  Its a process
with a few manual steps, which could be automated (except for the last
promotion to central I think) but it seems low impact enough not to bother.

I'd be happy to replicate that for gpars if that would be helpful?

It sounds good, however, there is also a way to completely automatically
release to Maven Central directly from Travis with Git commit messages
such as "[#DO_RELEASE]" or "[#DO_RELEASE][#2.0.0]". I've been using it
to release my projects in the Continuous Delivery process for a year or
so (and in general it works :) ).

Sample configuration:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_szpak_mockito-2Djava8_blob_master_gradle_cdeliveryboy-2Drelease.gradle&d=DwIGaQ&c=G6gE9wZC434W5IaU4ofEKQ&r=dNrS-0eOrjqS9LI6Io5GnPqWzmfgaVqofJ4wYWYOmSA&m=LezbcREf7fOyp4ZO4rU2qA6ZpRsUr_RZTbBLkgvkxr0&s=FSClINoiD6jTtDtzDZ3vhFaBtrUJwomY2dXM7oVJZyk&e=
(in fact just a few lines are required for the release process, others
are to satisfy Maven Central requirements, e.g. generated pom.xml elements).

I could also provide the release support as a backup plan.

Nevertheless, those are not the only possible way in the Gradle universe.

Marcin

On 14 October 2017 at 08:54, Russel Winder <russel@winder.org.uk<mailto:russel@winder.org.uk>>