groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ahm Avoby <aliencheck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upcoming release(s)
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2017 12:28:04 GMT
I usually just take what the newest Groovy release gives us - but now I am
curious: Where are the new features for 3.0 listed ? Groovy has no roadmap,
future outlook etc on the official webpage as far as I know ?

I am of course still very much interested in any feature that solves the
Minecraft-modding-obfuscation-problem. Waiting for @CompileStatic to become
more Java compatible, I have in the meantime autogenerated some
Groovy-to-Java-obfuscation-bridge-classes; this works reasonably well for
our own Entity and Block derived classes  but of course cannot handle the
general case, so there we still get the MissingMethod/-Property exceptions.
Because of that we had to step back for some classes to use Java instead of
Groovy again :-(

Kind regards