groovy-users mailing list archives

From Dmytro Shyshchenko <shysche...@gmail.com>
Subject Slashy strings in GroovyConsole
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:44:49 GMT
Long time ago I was using slashy strings in my groovy scripts for the paths
on Windows. Somehting like this:
def scriptDir = /C:\Folder1\My Documents\Folder2\Version\etc\/

However in the recent versions, like 2.3.6 or 2.4.11, I can no longer
execute those scripts via a GroovyConsole. It always gave me an error
pointing to the last charecter of the script. Like this:
unexpected char: 0xFFFF at line: 19, column: 13
which was a bit misleading...

When I change the paths to a "normal" srtings, everything works fine, as it
was before.
def scriptDir = "C:\\Folder1\\My Documents\\Folder2\\Version\\etc\\"

Is it a bug? Shall I report it?