groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: JSR 308 support for Groovy
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:24:15 GMT
Hi Daniel,

I think the majority of Groovy users have in their mind that Groovy is just
like Java, only better. :-) So, initially we should aim to be the same as
Java.

Depending on what we discover during experimenting/implementation, we might
alter that plan. We might stop short if there are things we think are
extremely unlikely to be used in Groovy or particularly hard to do. We
might also go further if we find an interesting extension but it would have
to make sense for Groovy and not cause potential incompatibilities with
Java. Any changes from Java would always be mailing list discussion
material anyway.

Cheers, Paul.