groovy-users mailing list archives

From Merlin Beedell <MBeed...@cryoserver.com>
Subject gpars for calculating directory content size
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 14:55:00 GMT
I see that groovy has a handy method to return the sum of file & sub-directory sizes in
a directory:
new File('sample').directorySize()

But I would be interested to see if the underlying code uses gpars - on the assumption that
the computation would be faster if sub-directories are found (the sum of each being performed
in parallel).

Actually - my interest is more in seeing a useful(?) example of gpars!

Merlin Beedell

[https://www.cryoserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ISO-logo-signature.jpg]  [https://www.cryoserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/softech-signature.png]
  [https://www.cryoserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ITE-signature.png]

FCS (UK) Limited is registered in England & Wales, Registration Number: 5940018 - Registered
Address: Wigglesworth House, 69 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HH Disclaimer: This e-mail
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged and is for
the intended recipient only and the information in it are provided in confidence and may not
be disclosed to any third party or used for any other purpose without the express permission
of FCS (UK) Ltd. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by replying. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or relay on this e-mail. The views expressed in this communication
are not necessarily the views held by FCS (UK) Limited.