groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: Groovy 2.5.0-beta-1 released
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 12:43:44 GMT
I see there is Elvis support for Optional, which is pretty cool.

But when there are breaking changes like this that affect runtime behavior without a change
in code, is there a place where this is documented when the release comes out? It would be
a nice section to include for Groovy 2.5 documentation a list of breaking changes so you can
find any issues in code.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochen Theodorou [mailto:blackdrag@gmx.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 7:45 AM
To: dev@groovy.apache.org; users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Groovy 2.5.0-beta-1 released

Dear community,

The Apache Groovy team is pleased to announce version 2.5.0-beta-1 of Apache Groovy.
Apache Groovy is a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
Further details can be found at the http://groovy.apache.org website.

This is a pre-release of a new version of Groovy.
We greatly appreciate any feedback you can give us when using this version.

This release includes 8 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12331949

Sources can be downloaded from: http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Convenience binaries, SDK and documentation can be found at:
http://www.groovy-lang.org/download.html
Jars are also available within the major binary repositories.
We would like to thank all people who contributed to this release.

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to report problems, and to
get involved, visit the project website at https://groovy.apache.org/

Best regards,

The Apache Groovy team.

original message and any attachments.