groovy-users mailing list archives

From James Kleeh <james.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 8 Date/Time API Extension Methods
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 04:22:29 GMT
Grails supports the java 8 date classes with a grails-java8 plugin http://plugins.grails.org/plugin/grails/grails-java8
<http://plugins.grails.org/plugin/grails/grails-java8>
> On Jun 8, 2017, at 11:21 PM, Tankerbay <tankerbay@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there still a legacy issue in that many ORMs (including the version of Grails I'm
using) tend to use java.sql.Date which has the benefit of extending java.util.Date?

> Is there Hibernate support for java.time yet?
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Joe Wolf <joewolf@gmail.com <mailto:joewolf@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> +1 for me. I think it's a good idea.
>
> Not everything in the current API may be worthwhile to have as part of Groovy proper,
though. For example, the bridging methods from the java.time classes back to Date and Calendar
could be unnecessarily promoting the latter's usage.

> By the way, I'm currently working to add extension methods to the java.time types involving
ZoneId and ZoneOffset. I hope to have that completed in a couple of weeks or so.

 voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net <mailto:sip%3Arussel.winder@ekiga.net>
 xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk <mailto:russel@winder.org.uk>
> > London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk <http://www.russel.org.uk/>  skype:
russel_winder