groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keith Suderman <suder...@anc.org>
Subject Re: Simple question.. how to call a java class method in Groovy Script
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 13:30:39 GMT
I recommend JetBrains IntelliJ to everyone.  If you are a student you can get the Ultimate
edition for free, the free "community" version is typically sufficient for most use cases,
and purchasing an Ultimate Edition license will pay for itself in a few weeks in a corporate
environment.

Cheers,
Keith

> On May 22, 2017, at 4:31 PM, RJ <ssoguroo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm working on the server directly.. any suggestions on IDE for groovy script ? Thanks
>

> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Keith Suderman <suderman@anc.org <mailto:suderman@anc.org>>
wrote:

>> On May 22, 2017, at 2:13 PM, RJ <ssoguroo@gmail.com <mailto:ssoguroo@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Thanks for the response, Jochen.  Tried your suggestion, it doesn't like it:
>>
>> 2017-05-22 14:06:15,871 ERROR - <groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature
of method: static com.example.auth.principal.getId() is applicable for argument types: ()
values: []
>> Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), wait(), find(), grep(), wait(long),
grep(java.lang.Object)>
>> org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException:
No signature of method: static com.example.auth.principal.getId() is applicable for argument
types: () values: []
>> Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), wait(), find(), grep(), wait(long),
grep(java.lang.Object)

> Is the class name Principal or principal? Also, what IDE are you using?  Any decent IDE
should be able to show you the available method signatures and do auto-completion for you.

>> We try something like this in Java.. Whats the equivalent in Groovy Script ?
>
> Whenever in doubt just use the Java syntax.  Apart from some Java 8 stuff (coming soon),
Groovy is perfectly happy with Java syntax.  Once the code is working then you can worry about
making it more "Groovy"

{
>>      def userid=com.example.auth.user.getId()
>>      return [MYLOGINID:userid]
>>      }
>> }
>>
>> try "import com.example.auth.user as User" instead of "import com.example.auth.user"
and then "def userid=User.getId()"... assuming of course that getId is a static method in
the class com.example.auth.user