groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Groovy Bug?
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 11:50:10 GMT
Hi,

Someone sent me the following email, showing a problem, which triggers an
interesting error message:
"This method should not have been called."

Coming from here:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/blob/183b8fbf0248a2dceffbba684e50c3c2c060e46c/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/classgen/asm/sc/StaticTypesCallSiteWriter.java#L643

Guillaume

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, May 2, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Subject: Groovy Bug?

Hello,

I am playing around with groovy and the map data type I then added the
CompileStatic annotation and I got the following result. Since I have no
deep knowledge of Groovy I can't judge what this means but since groovy
mentions I should issue a bug. I have not done this via jira since I don't
have an account there, but I think it is fair to inform you about this.

// Ececuted with C:/Tools/Groovy/bin/groovy.bat in the following environment

// Groovy Version: 2.4.10 JVM: 1.8.0_121 Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS:
Windows 7

// Output

// Caught: BUG! exception in phase 'class generation' in source unit
'B:\workspace\Groovy\NinjaGen\NinjaGenerator.groovy' At line 17 column 9

// On receiver: C_ASM_Files_m with message: leftShift and arguments:
(java.util.Map -> java.util.Map <K extends java.lang.Object, V extends
java.lang.Object>) FileListName_m.C_FILES

// This method should not have been called. Please try to create a simple
example reproducing

// this error and file a bug report at https://issues.apache.org/
jira/browse/GROOVY

// BUG! exception in phase 'class generation' in source unit
'B:\workspace\Groovy\NinjaGen\NinjaGenerator.groovy' At line 17 column 9

// On receiver: C_ASM_Files_m with message: leftShift and arguments:
(java.util.Map -> java.util.Map <K extends java.lang.Object, V extends
java.lang.Object>) FileListName_m.C_FILES

// This method should not have been called. Please try to create a simple
example reproducing

// this error and file a bug report at https://issues.apache.org/
jira/browse/GROOVY

import groovy.transform.TypeChecked

import groovy.transform.CompileStatic

@TypeChecked

@CompileStatic

class Main {

    static void main(String... args)

    {

        def FileListName_m    = [:]

        def Map C_ASM_Files_m = [:]

        def CFiles_m          = [:]

        CFiles_m['foo.c'] = 'bar.c'

        FileListName_m['C_FILES']   = CFiles_m

        C_ASM_Files_m << (Map)FileListName_m.C_FILES

    }

}

--
Guillaume Laforge