groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditomm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy AOT compilation
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 20:35:42 GMT
Good question. I leave the answer to Groovy core developers, however as far
as I've understood even when the code is statically compiled, Groovy still
uses reflection in runtime helper methods. For example one of the first
issue I've encountered it's raised by the following line in the
InvokeHelper.format
<https://github.com/apache/groovy/blob/GROOVY_2_4_11/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/runtime/InvokerHelper.java#L607>
method that the AOT compiler is unable to translate to native code

  Method serialize =
Class.forName("groovy.xml.XmlUtil").getMethod("serialize", Element.class);