groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: How to determine the equality of two closures?
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:24:46 GMT
I wrote my reply before I saw your use case of Gradle build scripts. My technique probably
won’t work there because I assume the build script is re-compiled between each run so would
give a different class object, but I don’t know how the up-to-date check works…

Here is what I did. In this example each time runScript runs and calls watch, despite the
“cond” closure being different instances each time, they are all of the same class so
that’s how I know it’s the same call site. However, if I made another function “runScript2”
even if it had identical code, the closures would not compare “equal” for my use case
(which in my watch case, is exactly what I’d want anyway).

def person = [name: 'Jason', skills: ['Groovy']]

def watches = [:]

person.watch = { cond, action, elseAction ->
def value = person.with(cond).clone()
def lastValue = watches[cond.class]
if (value != lastValue) action(lastValue, value) else elseAction()
watches[cond.class] = value
}

void runScript(def p) {
p.watch({skills},