groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing the Java 8 / Parrot parser online!
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 20:36:58 GMT
Hi all,

I've deployed a version of the venerable Groovy Web Console that uses the
Parrot parser!
And we'd love if you could try it out  and report your findings.
You don't have to install anything, just go online, and run some scripts or
classes, using Java 8 syntax constructs and APIs, and see how well it works.

I've blogged about it here:
http://glaforge.appspot.com/article/testing-java-8-snippets-on-the-new-app-engine-java-8-runtime

And you can try it here online directly, without installing anything:
https://cafe-huitre.appspot.com/

It's built with Java 8, and runs on the upcoming version of Google App
Engine's Java runtime running on an OpenJDK 8. It's using the "indy" jar,
thus with the invoke dynamic support automatically.

I'll deploy that version at some point to the usual web console URL, once
we have an official release of the Parrot parser.

What we'd like is you to go and try it out :-)
Please spend a moment to try different things, and if you find any problem,
please report them back here.

Thanks for your help!

Guillaume

--