groovy-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy and JVM version [was Testing the Java 8 / Parrot parser online!]
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:13:16 GMT
I would only make indy the default if we have performance tests showing
that it's as fast as, or better than the legacy call site caching, with JDK
8+. There's a "performance" submodule that we could use for that purpose
too. As far as I remember, not too far away, there were quite a few cases
where indy was slower, in particular when primitive types are involved,
even on JDK 8. If we are faster, then it's obviously a big +1, but we
shouldn't speculate here.