groovy-users mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Groovy and JVM version [was Testing the Java 8 / Parrot parser online!]
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:01:59 GMT
On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 16:26 +0200, Andres Almiray wrote:
> Measure, don't guess! ;-)
>
> Perhaps setting up a set of JMH benchmarks would help? I know there's
> Gradle plugin for it (wink wink, nudge nudge).

I certainly agree with measure don't guess. However C├ędric phrased it
in terms of stay with non-indy. I disagree, I think we should switch
and then make indy faster than non-indy. Using the word "legacy" is
important here. The non-indy stuff is legacy, do we really want Groovy
to be comprised of legacy code?

--
Russel.