groovy-users mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Groovy and JVM version [was Testing the Java 8 / Parrot parser online!]
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:35:59 GMT
On Sat, 2017-03-25 at 09:26 +0100, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> […]
>
> I cannot suggest to users to use indy with a normal JDK7, so the
> minimum
> requirement for it is JDK8. And we are not there yet.

I have to admit I am still of the opinion that you define a version
that will be the last version compatible with infrastructure X and the
say, if you want to use a later version upgrade your infrastructure. I
think Groovy is past that point with JVM; I do not see why development
of our product should be beholden to the inability of people to upgrade
from Java 7 to Java 8.

Are we going to say that Groovy 2.5 will only work with JDK8 or does
that have to wait for 2.6 or 3.0? Given master is no beyond 2.5 can we
get rid of the two build set up for master and just have indy?

--
Russel.