groovy-users mailing list archives

From frenchy48 <bam...@in2p3.fr>
Subject total internationalisation of Groovy
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 16:20:17 GMT
I implemented a funny experiment on top of Groovy: using my tool beginners
can completely program in their own language (I mean everything is
translated).
You can take a look of this experiment at: http://scrountch.info
the implementation is not extremely efficient (or well written) but I
consider it an amusing experiment.
I was wondering if it could be something that could be implemented in
standard Groovy: if an option is present the code could look for i18N
properties and be translated (get a look at arabic! the translation is
googlesque  -I forgot the arabic I learned at school- but the overall result
is startling!)
(I know: I will take lot of flak from people who think that english is
enough  so please do not shoot the sitting duck!)

-----
member of Grumpy Old Programmers