groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ed Clark <eacl...@ameritech.net>
Subject Re: help with an AST
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 11:41:38 GMT
Hi Jochen,

Well, I've been slowly making progress on this; kind of feels like bashing my
head against a wall at times, but I have made a small hole in the wall through
which I can see my goal. ;-)

Unfortunately, I've reached a point where the hole isn't getting any bigger and
my google-fu isn't up to the task of finding what I need to make it bigger.

Specifically, I haven't figured out how to inject a variable into the scope of an outer
with's closure that can be used by code in an interior with's closure.  For example,
consider

   myCtx1.with {
       __outerCtx1 = null            // injected statement
       __currCtx1 = myCtx1       // injected statement
       .... some code ...
       myCtx2.with {
           __outerCtx2 = __currCtx1   // injected statement <---  doesn't work
           __currCtx2 = myCtx2          // injected statement

My problem is the compiler chokes on the reference to __currCtx1 in the inner
with closure, claiming that __currCtx1 isn't a property of myCtx1.

My google-fu only tells me I haven't set up the scoping correctly, but for the life of me
I haven't found the correct way to do this.  And further experimenting, groping in the
dark, and head banging hasn't helped either. :\

Any illuminating insight, or direction pointing, or example would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ed