groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ed Clark <eacl...@ameritech.net>
Subject Re: problem with GroovyLab startup at some platforms?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:27:44 GMT
On 01/19/2017 08:44 AM, sterg wrote:

> On 01/19/2017 03:39 PM, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
>> On 19.01.2017 12:57, sterg wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> a user reported me, that GroovyLab
>>>
>>> (https://github.com/sterglee/GroovyLab)
>>>
>>> fails silently at startup, at his platform.
>>
>> no error at all?
>>

> yes, with no error message, or e.g. a stack trace of a possible exception fault.
> However, up to now I couldn't reproducible the fault.
>

>> bye Jochen
>>

> Thanks
> Stergios
Since I am the reader in question, let me add some info.  The snapshot that I grabbed
in November works fine.  When I grabbed a new snapshot a couple of days ago I
noticed that the startup script just returned without anything happening.

And, if I just use the command "java -jar GroovyLab.jar", the November one starts but
the January one dies silently.  (Eyeballing it, the January command returns after roughly
the same length of time that the first window takes to appear on the November one,
about 1 sec on my machine.)

More info - the January snapshot dies on both my Fedora 24 main machine and a
Centos 7 machine I've got on the side.  But, it runs fine on a RaspberryPi3 that I've
got.  So, score one hit for Raspbian, and 2 misses for Redhat.

On the F24 machine java -version gives:
     java version "1.8.0_72"
     Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.72-b15, mixed mode)
On the Centos7 machine java -version gives:
     openjdk version "1.8.0_111"
     OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b15)
On the Raspbian machine java -version gives:
     java version "1.8.0_65"
     Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

Ed