groovy-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Wiltse <jerrywil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Docker images
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 07:06:09 GMT
Hi Keegan,

It's a bit late and I see you've been moving forward, but here's a response
to your question.

I'm not an expert on the differences, but Azul has Zing and Zulu.  Both
appear to be free to use and distribute for OSS.  Here are two relevant
links:

https://www.azul.com/products/product-overview/

https://www.azul.com/zing-oss-open-source-developer-access/

I don't know enough to make a distinct recommendation about a JDK, so I
would encourage anyone on the core team who has experience with licensing
and related factors and any opinions to share to speak out now.

What would be disappointing would be for you to finalize and distribute
docker images, only to have people point out serious issues in your choice
of JDK after the fact. That still might happen, but in my opinion, you did
the right thing by bringing it up now. Kudos and thanks for the effort here!

Regards,
Jerry

Gerald R. Wiltse
jerrywiltse@gmail.com