groovy-users mailing list archives

From Dierk König <dierk.koe...@canoo.com>
Subject Re: GroovyFX - Custom UI widget/component
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2016 10:18:51 GMT
That is of course much simpler. Just make a method that returns a vbox with 3 buttons included.

You may want to pass the SceneGraphBuilder into the method as a parameter.

I can make you an example.

Cheers
Dierk

sent from:mobile

> Am 31.12.2016 um 04:35 schrieb Tx. T <txt8888@yahoo.com>:
>
> Not sure I understand that demo code.  It seems involving jfxexra.
>
> I like some easy sample :) (noob here) that build a component that includes the existing
UI such as buttons, label, etc.

> i.e.: panel contains 3 buttons  or any of the existing UI.
>
> +--------------+
>  | [ button 1 ] |
>  | [ button 2 ] |
>  | [ button 3 ] |
>
> so I can instantiate multiple instances of this ThreeButtons UI.

that includes for example, 3 pushbuttons.

>> class ThreeButtons extends BorderPanel { ... }
>>
>> && use this in my application:
>>
>> start { stage { scene { threeButtons (label1: 'one', label2: 'two', label3: 'three')
} } }

>> Would someone please point me to where can I find such example?
>>
>> Or do I need to write the ThreeButtons in JavaFX and register in Groovy to use it?
 Thanks!