groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Tx. T" <txt8...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: GroovyFX - Custom UI widget/component
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2016 03:35:41 GMT
Not sure I understand that demo code.  It seems involving jfxexra.
I like some easy sample :) (noob here) that build a component that includes the existing UI
such as buttons, label, etc.
i.e.: panel contains 3 buttons  or any of the existing UI.
+--------------+ | [ button 1 ] | | [ button 2 ] | | [ button 3 ] |+--------------+
so I can instantiate multiple instances of this ThreeButtons UI.

      From: Dierk König <dierk.koenig@canoo.com>
 To: users@groovy.apache.org
 Sent: Friday, December 30, 2016 1:36 PM
 Subject: Re: GroovyFX - Custom UI widget/component

You can wrap your custom component inside "node" like gauge is wrapped in node in this opendolphin
example:
https://github.com/canoo/open-dolphin/blob/master/subprojects/demo-javafx/client/src/main/groovy/org/opendolphin/demo/LazyLoadingView.groovy
Dierk
sent from:mobile
Am 30.12.2016 um 19:04 schrieb Tx. T <txt8888@yahoo.com>:

all,
I am trying to build a somewhat application specific (custom) widget (or control) that includes
for example, 3 pushbuttons.
class ThreeButtons extends BorderPanel { ... }
&& use this in my application:
start { stage { scene { threeButtons (label1: 'one', label2: 'two', label3: 'three') } } }
Would someone please point me to where can I find such example?
Or do I need to write the ThreeButtons in JavaFX and register in Groovy to use it?  Thanks!
---Tim