groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .with() variant that returns the original object
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 14:41:53 GMT
I quite like "tap" (like in wiretaping, you're looking through the pipe)
We already have some rubyisms, so having one more is not a bad idea at all
for consistency.

"doto" doesn't really help me understand what the method is about.

"apply" is too overloaded, for functional programming, etc, so I'd really
avoid it.

"tee" why not, but I didn't really knew what it was meanting.

Not a big fan of auto, asThis, withThis or within.

My preference clearly goes for tap!

--
Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/