groovy-users mailing list archives

From Marc Paquette <mar...@mac.com>
Subject Re: .with() variant that returns the original object
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 17:43:55 GMT
+1 for tap.  Concise and makes sense once explained (even intuitive to some).

Have you ever tried to find usages of with in groovy with code examples with google without
eventually loosing your temper ?

For one thing, I think tap will be easier to google for.

Marc Paquette

> Le 8 nov. 2016 à 12:32, Suderman Keith <suderman@anc.org> a écrit :
>

>> On Nov 8, 2016, at 11:41 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
>>
>> what about an overloaded with:
>
> +1
>
> Or even something like:
>
> myObject.with { ... } // current behaviour
> myObject.with(return:this) { ... } // returns this when finished.
> myObejct.with(return:new Object()) { ... } // returns a new Object when finished.
>
> This particular syntax would take a bit of extra parser arm waving since the `return`
keyword is being used differently in this context.