groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject ClosureSignatureHint for class generic type?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 16:09:57 GMT
Suppose I have:

class Blah<T> { void doit(Closure<R> c) }

Used so:

Blah<String> b = new Blah<>("abc")
b.doit {it.trim()}

Is there a ClosureSignatureHint that specifies this?

This method from DGM is what I'd want, except doit is an instance method and not a static
one, so I can't use "FirstParam"
public static <T> Collection<T> each(Collection<T> self, @ClosureParams(FirstParam.FirstGenericType.class)
Closure closure)

I even tried FromString, but type checker still thinks the closure takes object.

void doit(@ClosureParams(value=FromString.class, options=["T"]) Closure<?> c)

[Static type checking] - Cannot find matching method java.lang.Object#trim(). Please check
if the declared type is right and if the method exists.

I even tried my own hint class:

public class GenericClassType extends SingleSignatureClosureHint {
 public ClassNode[] getParameterTypes(MethodNode node, String[] options, SourceUnit sourceUnit,
CompilationUnit unit, ASTNode usage) {
  return new ClassNode[] { pickGenericType(node.getDeclaringClass(), 0) };
 }
}

In GenericClassType hint it finds "T -> java.lang.Object". It doesn't seem to know about
the Blah instance.

What's weird is even if I change doit to take a java.util.function.Consumer<T>, it still
doesn't work.

Jason

original message and any attachments.