groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: .with() variant that returns the original object
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 13:40:20 GMT
I agree, assuming that tap is not overloaded in any other popular use or language, it is not
likely we would want to define tap in another way. Then we can appease both viewpoints. The
other very important reason for with(boolean, Closure) and tap is that unfortunately .with(boolean,
Closure) will always trigger warning about not returning from IDE, while tap can declare Closure<Void>
I think which hopefully can trigger IDE to say no return is needed?

Jason

From: Søren Berg Glasius (GR8Conf EU) [mailto:sbglasius@gr8conf.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 3:51 AM
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: .with() variant that returns the original object

+1

I like that you provide both .with(true, Closure) and .tap(Closure)

Best regards,
Søren Berg Glasius
GR8Conf Europe organizing team

GR8Conf ApS
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Web: www.gr8conf.eu<http://www.gr8conf.eu/>, Skype: sbglasius
Company Address: Buchwaldsgade 50, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Personal Address: Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
--- GR8Conf - Dedicated to the Groovy Ecosystem