groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keegan Witt <keeganw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for testers & feedback: new Groovy binaries for Windows
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 02:43:02 GMT
Hmm, maybe the bat files aren't as robust as I assumed and I should rethink
the approach.

If we went the GCJ route, we'd still have to implement our own logic to
locate Java binaries (similar to how C code does today), right?  That'd be
an option, though I'm a little hesitant to start relying on something that
looks like hasn't been updated in in several years and only supports Java
1.4 and some of Java 5.
Another option would be Launch4J, which is what I was originally
considering.  If we did that, we could even create 2 sets of binaries -- 1
with a bundled JRE, and 1 without.  What kinda drew me to that approach was
that it already had its own logic for locating Java.  I'll do some reading
on both options.

-Keegan