groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Johnson <john...@cs.uiuc.edu>
Subject access to local variables in scripts
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 16:19:20 GMT
I have a system that executes scripts written by users.  I'd like to
provide more debugging tools.  In particular, I'd like to be able to
display the values of variables that the script uses.   Some of the
variables are defined outside the script, and I can access and display
them.   But the script might use  "def" to define some more variables, and
I don't know how to access them.   When a script runs, does it have some
kind of context object in which it stores temporary variables?  Is there a
way I could access it so I could read those variables?   If so, what is it
called and where could I learn more about it?

-Ralph Johnson