groovy-users mailing list archives

From Søren Berg Glasius (GR8Conf EU) <sbglas...@gr8conf.org>
Subject RE: changing "with" to return self or doto
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 13:38:43 GMT
+1 to making a new method

Best regards,
Søren Berg Glasius
GR8Conf Europe organizing team

GR8Conf ApS
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Web: www.gr8conf.eu, Skype: sbglasius
Company Address: Buchwaldsgade 50, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Personal Address: Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
--- GR8Conf - Dedicated to the Groovy Ecosystem

From: Winnebeck, Jason <jason.winnebeck@windstream.com>
<jason.winnebeck@windstream.com>
Reply: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
<users@groovy.apache.org>
Date: 6. juli 2016 at 15.37.21
To: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
<users@groovy.apache.org>
Subject:  RE: changing "with" to return self or doto

My vote for whatever that's worth is never to change the way "with" works,
even in 3.0, or any method that is not widely considered "broken". The
request feels arbitrary to me, and in that case I would defer to existing
behavior. So I vote to just create a new method if that behavior is needed.

Jason