groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Groovy on Apache Spark and analysis of Groovy source code on Github
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:59:04 GMT
Hi all,

For those who may not know yet, I've joined Google
<http://glaforge.appspot.com/article/joining-google-as-developer-advocate-for-the-google-cloud-platform>
a few weeks ago. I'm now developer advocate for Google Cloud Platform
<https://cloud.google.com/>. There are several interesting and fun products
& services to play with... with a Groovy hat on :-)

A couple weeks ago, I posted a first article about using Groovy on Apache
Spark
<http://glaforge.appspot.com/article/tale-of-a-groovy-spark-in-the-cloud>,
using Google Dataproc <https://cloud.google.com/dataproc/> service. The
article idea came from Paolo who experimented with Groovy on Spark recently.

And today, I've posted a new article where I analyzed the Groovy source
code available on Github
<http://glaforge.appspot.com/article/what-can-we-learn-from-million-lines-of-groovy-code-on-github>,
using BigQuery <https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/>.

I'll expand a bit more here about the kind of questions I got to answer:

   - What are the most popular Groovy file names?
   - How many Groovy source files are there on Github?
   - How many lines of Groovy source code is there?
   - What's the distribution of size of Groovy source files?
   - What are the most frequent packages being imported?
   - What are the most popular Groovy APIs used?
   - What are the most used AST transformations?
   - Do people use import aliases much?

It's quite funny to tinker with the data :-)
I'm sure there are other interesting findings we could reveal by analyzing
all this date.

Hope you'll enjoy those articles!

--
Guillaume Laforge