groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: looks like a missing exception harness in a typechecker somewhere?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:43:34 GMT

On 11.07.2016 23:26, OC wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> with a pretty complex and heavily AST-transformed code, which, nevertheless, *without
typechecking builds and runs all right*, with a typechecker compilation crashes in the following
way (Groovy 2.4.7).

> The problem might well be caused by a mistake in my own typechecking extension script
(which, essentially, turns all typechecker errors to warnings); still, though, I think the
compiler should not crash this way (instead, it might report a reasonable error):

the reasonable error would have been crashing with a BUG exception once
you did set the genericstypes of that ClassNode to null?

bye Jochen