groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: changing "with" to return self or doto
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:41:16 GMT

On 06.07.2016 16:24, Suderman Keith wrote:
> -1 to a breaking change (in 2.5 or 3.0).  I agree with Jason, breaking changes only for
methods that are widely considered to be broken.

if no breaking changes even in a new major version, then when?

> -1 to a new method.  While a new method may be better than a breaking change I don’t
like to see Object’s namespace become even more polluted with marginally useful methods.
 I don’t think the current behaviour is so offensive that it requires an additional method
on Object; is `x.with { it }` really that bad?

yes, I feel the namespace for Object is too polluted already as well.

bye Jochen