groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paolo <qoc...@gmx.de>
Subject GPARS.withPool, xml.MarkupBuilder, XmlParser and HTTPBuilder
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 07:40:47 GMT
Hi all,

I am pretty new to Groovy and after playing around for a little while I decided to use Groovy
for my next little challenge … Basically I want to process a huge list of files (in parallel)
using  GPARS.withPool. Each file needs to be  parsed and converted into a XML file using
MarkupBuilder. After the XML file is created I would like to reread it with the XmlParser
and upload the original file and the corresponding XML file to a webservice using HTTPBuilder.

So basically I have a closure called fileworker that will process a file

def fileworker = {

  open file

  parse file, adjust some values and create XML file using MarkupBuilder

  parse the created XML file using XmlParser

  upload file and XML file using HTTPBuilder

}

and this closure will be used for processing the list in parallel (collectParallel)

groovyx.gpars.GParsPool.withPool(threads) {

                result = list.collectParallel fileworker

}

Due to my missing experiences I am a little concerned about thread safety when GPARS comes
into place …. I have a working implemententation of all steps described above to run sequencially
… but now when deploying GPARS, is there anything special that needs to be considered concerning
the usage of MarkupBuilder, XmlParser, HTTPBuilder in that closure? I would appreciate if
someone could share his experience and opinion …

Thanks in advance

Paolo